VMware Cloud Community
atfrys
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

New VCAC error through VCO provisioning a catalog

Yesterday I was able to provision and am now seeing 403 Forbidden (Dynamic Script Module name : requestCatalogItemOnBehalfOf#13)

Not sure why I am getting this, but the vcac appliance logs are clean.  I am able to manually provision from the VCAC appliance with no errors.

VCAC plugins:

vCloud Automation Center 6.0.1.1875427

-Stephen

0 Kudos
4 Replies
atfrys
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Figured it out.  I had multiple reservations that had different networks that the catalogs were referencing.  Through the gui, I picked the right one.  The VCAC plugin did not.  It round robin'd from the plugin.  This was interesting.

Thought I would share it.

0 Kudos
sanchezs
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Stephen,

If possible, could you share some more details about how you picked the wrong networks because of the plug-in? Basically, we'd like to understand whether the plug-in logic/UI could have done anything to avoid the error or it's more a kind of "user error" entering the wrong inputs. Thanks!

Sergio

0 Kudos
atfrys
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I had multiple reservations for the same catalog. It looked as if the VCAC plugin performed a round-robin wheb requesting that catalog.  One reservation had some networks selected and the other did not.  Even though I selected the correct catalog from the plugin I saw these issues.  Once I removed the other reservation, my problems went away.  In the VCAC console, when I created a single catalog, it would create two due to the fact I had two reservations.  I think this is more of a feature than a bug, but I could not get the plugin to consistently provision because of this.

I have not had an error since I fixed it.

Thank you

0 Kudos
sanchezs
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Thank you for your explanation. I'm glad you made it work.

Sergio

0 Kudos