VMware Cloud Community
sawakine
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Need help with "Clone, windows with single NIC"

Hello

I am trying to get this workflow work in order to create a VM from a template (or from another VM) and customise it (IP address, DNS...). I have already done the same thing with my Linux VMs and it worked as expected but with the windows VM I loose the connection with vCenter everytime I run this workflow. Just before it finished I got this error : "The connection to vCenter Server "link of my server" has been lost"

So the result is : The new VM is created but has the IP address of the template/VM frim what it is cloned.

Any idea of what can cause the crush of mu vSphere client everytime I run thirs workflow ?

Can someone try this workflow and fill in the parameters and show me a screenshot so I can figure out where it wen wrong (certainly the network configuration).

Thank you in advance! any help would be appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sawakine
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

EDIT 2 : forget about it, that was a problem with VMware tools that was running in the same time of the configuration...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
sawakine
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

EDIT : I don't have any problem when I run the workflow from the library but when I call it in another workflow I loose the connection as specified in the post.

Thanks

0 Kudos
sawakine
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

EDIT 2 : forget about it, that was a problem with VMware tools that was running in the same time of the configuration...

0 Kudos