VMware Cloud Community
TomHEMC
Contributor
Contributor

Need help with Resource Mapping from Application Deployment to VC:virtualMachine

Hi,

I've built a number of vCO Workflows and hooked them up to Resource Actions in vRA. However, the Workflows I've built all take a VC:VirtualMachine as the input and therefore,they only "hookup" to VMs in the Machines list in the Items tab in vRA. Ideally, I want these actions to hookup to the Application Deployments in vRA since that is what my users are deploying - the VM that the App rides on is somewhat secondary. Plus, it's cumbersome for them to find the VM that corresponds to the App they want to run the action on.

So, I looked into creating a new Resource Mapping, thinking I could map an Application Deployment to a VC:VirtualMachine so that I could create an Action for the Application. I was able to create a mapping from Application Deployment to VC:VM using the Map to VC:VM existing workflow and I could add that to the Actions menu for the Application Deployment but if I try to run it, it fails. I kind of expected this since I think the Map to VC:VM is expecting an input of IaaS VC:VM to map to vCO VC:VM. I think what I need to do is write a Workflow that will take in the Application Deployment "object" and find the VC:VM inside it but I don't know how to find out the structure of an Application Deployment such that I could parse it and get the VM.

Does this make sense? Am I going about this the right way? Thanks for any help,

Tom

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies