VMware Cloud Community
BrettJowett
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

NSX-v DynamicTypes plug-in V2 Install Failed

Hi All,

I am having issues with the installation of this NSX-v DynamicTypes Plugin V2.

The plugin was imported successfully as per the instructions however when i run the installation plugin (Plugin gen -1- Install plug-in)

Unable to run workflow a validation report 1 errors in the workflow which seems to be centered around the import configuration workflow.

if i disable validation on start on start and run the workflow again i get the following error

"ReferenceError: "ignoreValidationWarnings" is not defined. (Workflow:Import Configuration From Package / Import Configuration (item3)#10239)"

My environment is running on the following versions:

vRo: 6.0.3

dynamic types plugin:1.0.1

NSX:6.2

NSX Plugin 1.0.2

The custom plugin version 0.0.8

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Regards

Brett

validation failure.JPGvalidation error location.JPGignore validation warning error.JPG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I'll have to ask the plug-ins team how the issue was dealt with and if there is fixed version available for download. But this will happen next week; it is end of business day here.

Meantime, I'll send you an internal plug-in build that supposedly contains the fix. (link sent in private message)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Brett,

The problem is in with 'Import Configuration From Package' workflow - the 'file' and 'ignoreValidationWarnings' inputs are not mapped to the scriptable task meaning the Mime Attachment (the package) that the user uploads never reaches the import command and the workflow fails.

Possible workarounds:

• get a newer build of Dynamic Types plug-in (not NSX-v but the base DT plug-in). This issue was fixed on 16th September; I have to check if there is an official pug-in release incorporating the fix.
  • get a fixed copy of the workflow 'Import Configuration From Package' and import it in your system
  • fix the input parameter mappings yourself (the problem is that the workflow is non-editable so you may need to duplicate it, fix the bindings, and then use this fixed workflow in the workflow that calls it - 'Plugin gen -1- Install plug-in')
0 Kudos
BrettJowett
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for such a quick response to my question I really appreciate your assistance.

In regards to your potential fixes

• get a newer build of Dynamic Types plug-in (not NSX-v but the base DT plug-in). This issue was fixed on 16th September; I have to check if there is an official pug-in release incorporating the fix.

I  have been looking around and the only references to a newer dynamic types plugin is 1.0.1 that is released as part of 6.0.3. Where would the fixed version of the plugin (16th of September) be available from?

• get a fixed copy of the workflow 'Import Configuration From Package' and import it in your system

The VRO implementation i am using is less than 3 weeks old as the deployment is for a greenfield site so is there a problem with the Import configuration From Package workflow that came with vro 6.0.3?

If so do you recommend I spin up and older version and export the workflow from there?

• fix the input parameter mappings yourself (the problem is that the workflow is non-editable so you may need to duplicate it, fix the bindings, and then use this fixed workflow in the workflow that calls it - 'Plugin gen -1- Install plug-in')

Sorry I am still learning vRo and I am very limited on what I can do so I would not even know where to begin with this last point.

Regards

Brett

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I'll have to ask the plug-ins team how the issue was dealt with and if there is fixed version available for download. But this will happen next week; it is end of business day here.

Meantime, I'll send you an internal plug-in build that supposedly contains the fix. (link sent in private message)

0 Kudos
BrettJowett
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi llian,

Many thanks for that internal build plugin it has solved this problem and I am able to progress with the installation steps.

Thank you for your assistance.

Regards

Brett

0 Kudos
stvkpln
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Any chance I can get a copy of that updated plugin, too? Smiley Happy  I have a few things I'd like to do with the DT plugin, but can't until I get something that'll let me progress past the first step...

Thanks,  Ilian!

-Steve
0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Sent private message.

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee