VMware Cloud Community
stacycarter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Modify Clone Windows single nic workflow

I have duplicated one of the Windows clone workflows and I'm trying to modify it to do a few of things:

1) Have it set the dvportgroup for the nic based on the network/VLAN chosen from an additional input/drop down.  The VC:Network type that the workflow uses seems to be for a VSS port group and not a vDS.  Do I change the input type for that parameter and then..?

2) Instead of specifying a host to deploy to, I want to specify a cluster to deploy to.  Again, the cluster value that would get set depends on what is chosen from the drop down. 

3) Have it make the disks thick or thin, dependent on which cluster/tier is selected (same as item 2)

4) Set CD-ROM drive to another drive letter.

5) Would like to give the option to make the existing disk in the template larger during provisioning, or add one or more additional disks.

I've already added the additional drop down inputs and if/else statements for these two changes.  Have been staring at the schema for a while trying to figure out how to do this.  Any pointers? Has anyone done something similar and willing to share how you did it?  Any cool server provisioning packages out there that I'm missing?

0 Kudos
0 Replies