VMware Cloud Community
randomname
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Maximum attachment size when using EmailMessage class.

What is the maximum attachment size when using the EmailMessage class to send messages, and is it configurable? Recently I've been getting "552 5.3.4 Error: message file too big" when calling EmailMessage.sendMessage() with subjectively large-ish attachments.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I think this error message is thrown by your SMTP/mail server (not vRO server or Mail plug-in), so you need to check what configuration options are available there.

At vRO/plug-in side, it depends on the code you use to construct and send the message, but in general there should be not many limitations. One limitation I'm aware of is if you use input field of type MimeAttachment in your workflow to choose a file to attach to the message. In this case, the MimeAttachment control allows selection of files up to 2 MB in size.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I think this error message is thrown by your SMTP/mail server (not vRO server or Mail plug-in), so you need to check what configuration options are available there.

At vRO/plug-in side, it depends on the code you use to construct and send the message, but in general there should be not many limitations. One limitation I'm aware of is if you use input field of type MimeAttachment in your workflow to choose a file to attach to the message. In this case, the MimeAttachment control allows selection of files up to 2 MB in size.

0 Kudos
randomname
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks! I should have thought to look at the server side too.

0 Kudos