VMware Cloud Community
amacbeth
Contributor
Contributor

Lack of 'createVdnScope' Method

I'm trying to use the NSX plug-in to automate the creation of Transport Zones within our NSX environment.  I can query for them through the plug-in but there is no Create Method like there is for Logical Switches (via the 'createVirtualWire' Method).

I'm able to do this with the REST API but why isn't this included in the NSX plug-in for Orchestrator?

Any info would be helpful as I'd prefer my solution to not have to span multiple methods.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
2 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I could only speculate here but likely there is no specific reason for this particular API to not be exposed; just some functionality not implemented yet / API not covered on 100%. This applies for all plug-ins that are not automatically generated from some model - you usually start with only the most important/used API, and gradually add the remaining functionality during the next few plug-in releases.

The plug-in is developed not by vRO team but by some NSX team, and I'm not sure if they are monitoring this forum on a regular basis, so you may want to ask the same question also on NSX community forum at https://communities.vmware.com/community/vmtn/nsx

0 Kudos
amacbeth
Contributor
Contributor

That was my speculation as well.  Thanks for the input and the link.  I'll post on the NSX forum to see if there's any way to get it added.

0 Kudos