VMware Cloud Community
kgoodwin
Contributor
Contributor

LDAP Test Login vmware Orchestrator Configuration

Hi All,

little confused on the Orchestrator config. I have one last peice and it is ready. The LDAP setting are all configured and tested and display a green light however I cannot get the test login to work. Myself, domain admins, administrators and the user vcoadmin are a part of the vCO security group in AD but cant get a successful login test, why??

cn=vco,ou=vmo,dc=mydomain,dc=state,dc=us,dc=fl

so at the root of my directory I have a OU=VMO

in that OU I have a CN=vCO global security group

in that CN I have administrator, myself, domain admin, and the user I created vcoadmin. vcoadmin is a member of all of the above. I tried to login with all of the above as well to no avail. What am I missing here?

Thansk for any help you can provide!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal

Can you screen capture the settings page and post it here? I just need to see the search paths, and how you are presenting the username.

Regards,

Jon Hemming, B.Sc., RHCT, VMware vExpert 2009
http://twitter.com/vJonHemming

If your problem or questions has been resolved, please click the button "Correct Answer". If someone has assisted, please click "Helpful Answer".

0 Kudos
kgoodwin
Contributor
Contributor

so in the VMO ou there are vco sec group and the vcoadmin user in which the vcoadmin user, myself, administrator and domain admin are a memer of. I use vcoadmin@enterprise.state.fl.us to test logon to no avail. I had it working after I posted originally but cant remmeber what I did and since the virtual server service would not start I had to reinstall v server and for some reason it wiped out the Orchestrator config, its like one thing after another and getting nowhere. At one point I had everything set up and configured then the converter wasnt showing up anywhere, not under invetory/host not right click host for import wizard. I have to say Im really not impressed yet. So what I did was install the standalone converter and guess what... Im running sata on my test server and tried to convert a scsi workstation, DENIED...like I said one thing after another. Anyway here is the screen shot, its rather simple and I have the green light and have done dsquery so no chance it is wrong.

0 Kudos