VMware Cloud Community
jswager1
Contributor
Contributor

LCM SOAP API examples?

Are there any examples of the LCM SOAP API? There is the API document at but the document contains only the barest description of the methods and objects. For example, the "find" method indicates it can be used to perform queries, but there is no details on how to perform the queries. There is just a string parameter called Query. But there are no guidelines, instructions, or anything regarding what to put into that parameter.

Is this the wrong group for such a question?

If the LCM web pages use the SOAP API, and there's a way to intercept the SOAP messages, then I guess I could sort of reverse-engineer my way through the various commands. But I'm not certain that the LCM web pages use the SOAP API and I'm not sure how I would get the webserver to show me the SOAP messages.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

you can get some more information here:

but it's still not too detailed.

The query field depends on the plugin. each plugin may use it differently. some may not use it at all.

Rob.

admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

I just posted two more examples in the documents section of this forum. One is for Java and the other is for C#. Please let us know if you need something more specific.

Thanks,

Sia

jswager1
Contributor
Contributor

It helps a bit - as an example of some of the SOAP commands. I think I wasn't as specific enough as to what I was looking for.

In general, I can already get the SOAP commands to work. The thing that I'm looking to do is be able to retrieve certain data from the LCM via the SOAP API. Here's a list of things that I'm looking to find out:

1. All possible criteria values for the 5 criteria questions.

2. Given a set of criteria, what Templates and Customization Templates are possible.

3. Given a set of criteria, is it possible to determine if the criteria is completely invalid - i.e., does not map to at least one infrastructure element.

In short, I'm wanting to get enough information to be able to rewrite the initial request page into a different UI. All the information that the LCM uses for the initial request, I need to obtain via the SOAP API. I was assuming that the "find" method with its Query parameter would be the key to all this data, but now I'm not so sure.

0 Kudos