VMware Cloud Community
Uriende
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Issues with the weboperator plugin in 5.5

I have recently installed the new 5.5 Orchestrator in our new environment but I'm getting this odd issue that the weboperator

web view is missing from the web view list. I have tried reloading the plugin and restarting the server but nothing seem to help.

The only way that I did manage to get the plugin to show is by adding the package manually by extracting it from the .dar file of the plugin. Even after this the web view keeps giving me errors while trying to log in. And somtimes just doesn't work at all

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

By 'reloading the plugin' do you mean you've clicked the 'Reload all plug-ins' button on 'Plugins' page in vCO Web configurator?

On 'Troubleshooting' page, there is a link 'Reset current version'. Did you try it? Supposedly, it will re-install the plug-ins on the next server restart.

Manually adding the package 'may' work, but is not supported - package should be deployed as part of plug-in installation.

What errors do you receive when trying to log in? Could you check the vCO log files for exception/error stack trace?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

By 'reloading the plugin' do you mean you've clicked the 'Reload all plug-ins' button on 'Plugins' page in vCO Web configurator?

On 'Troubleshooting' page, there is a link 'Reset current version'. Did you try it? Supposedly, it will re-install the plug-ins on the next server restart.

Manually adding the package 'may' work, but is not supported - package should be deployed as part of plug-in installation.

What errors do you receive when trying to log in? Could you check the vCO log files for exception/error stack trace?

0 Kudos
Uriende
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Using the "Reset current version" button fixed the issue.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
lokullus
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

I've followed your instruction but still have same issue.

I'm using vCO appliance.

The only error message I've got is: "The webview 'weboperator' is not published."

Any suggestions how to resolve it ?

Regards,

Filip

0 Kudos
Uriende
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I've just pressed the reset current version button than I reloaded the plugins and that fixed the issue for me if I remember correctly. I am not using the appliance though so it might be a different issue

0 Kudos