VMware Cloud Community
bweck
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Issue with Bcc in "Send notification to mailing list". Is it vRO or is it my mail server?

I've done some testing today getting "Send notification to mailing list" integrated into some of my workflows and I've run into a strange bug with bcc.

I'm able to send mail with cc and bcc set to null.

I'm able to send mail with cc populated with an address and bcc set to null.

I run into a java exception if I try to send mail with bcc populated, but cc set to null.

The error message that shows up in the wrapper-server log is this:

INFO   | jvm 1| 2015/10/09 15:36:50 | 2015-10-09 15:36:50.295-0700 [WorkflowExecutorPool-Thread-458] ERROR {d4f620f2-21db-4af1-a9a6-e1f62bd8c6a4:8ab584bb503a4bac01504ebfd8e607be} [EmailMessage] Cannot send mail
INFO   | jvm 1| 2015/10/09 15:36:50 | java.lang.NullPointerException
INFO   | jvm 1| 2015/10/09 15:36:50 |     at java.util.StringTokenizer.<init>(Unknown Source)

INFO   | jvm 1

etc...

| 2015/10/09 15:36:50 |     at java.util.StringTokenizer.<init>(Unknown Source)

In the script, if I detect cc as null and change it to blank, "", then I'm able to send the mail with bcc populated and cc blank.

Can someone else give this a shot and let me know if they can duplicate it?

Maybe it's our mail server?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

Definitely a bug in vRO mail plug-in. I think I found where the problem in the plug-in source code is; should be pretty easy to fix.

Do you need a patch urgently? We can try to release a patched technical preview build here in the forums, or you can wait till the next official vRO release and then get the updated plug-in binaries from there.

Thanks for spotting and reporting this bug.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

Definitely a bug in vRO mail plug-in. I think I found where the problem in the plug-in source code is; should be pretty easy to fix.

Do you need a patch urgently? We can try to release a patched technical preview build here in the forums, or you can wait till the next official vRO release and then get the updated plug-in binaries from there.

Thanks for spotting and reporting this bug.

0 Kudos
bweck
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ok, good, thanks for verifying this. It's not urgent, I've got the fix in place to detect null and replace it with blank, so it's currently working. We can wait until the next update.

0 Kudos