VMware Cloud Community
lvschie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Issue automating multiple tenants in vRO

Hi,

I'm struggling with the fact to manage multiple tenants with vRO and vRA.

Right now there are a couple of tenants hooked up to a single vRO appliance, but I'm looking to fully automatize everything (Fabric/Business groups, Reservations, Build Profiles, Blueprints, etc.)

In vRO we only have the default tenant configured (under vCAC Infrastructure Administration) because I cant seem to add more. From the default tenant I can't manage some of the above.

Is it best practice to deploy a seperate vRO instance for every tenant?

Running vRO version 6.0.1 and vRA version 6.2.1

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
befreeman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

To add a tenant in vRO, I run the workflow Library/vCloud Automation Center/Configuration/Add a vCAC host.  That workflow asks you for the tenant name.  So for me in the inventory, I have multiple entries under vCloud Automation Center.  Sometimes I even have different instances for the same tenant, just using a different login.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
befreeman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

To add a tenant in vRO, I run the workflow Library/vCloud Automation Center/Configuration/Add a vCAC host.  That workflow asks you for the tenant name.  So for me in the inventory, I have multiple entries under vCloud Automation Center.  Sometimes I even have different instances for the same tenant, just using a different login.

0 Kudos
mralph
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I run multiple ones with no issues. If you want to create a new tenant using vRO look under Library > vCloud Automation Center > Administration > Tenants > Create a tenant. This is how I am doing it. Issues I have come up against is creating Fabric Groups and all of its entries. RIght now I can only create the group, but can not add admins to it. I would be interested in seeing how you handle this through automation.

0 Kudos
lvschie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

We have been running vCO 5.5 and vCAC 6.1 for a pretty long time where this was not possible.

Great to see it now actually works!

0 Kudos