VMware Cloud Community
ericr999
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Invoke command, powershell, ssh, don't log the output

Hello,

We have a powershell script, that returns some data which we need to complete the workflow. That's good, but that script will retrieve a Password from the vault. But when the script does his work, we can see the password, so by using the script from VRO, the script runs, and we see the password in the Log of that Workflow.

Is there a way to prevent any log made into the workflow ? Or skip a part of the log ? But we need to keep receiving the password, I just don't want any output to display in the vco gui.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ericr999
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Finally, we've found our "problem"

Within the actions that workflow was calling, it was using com.vmware.library.powershell, invokeScript, within that script there was:

System.log ( result.getHostOutput() );

We've re-created a new action without that part for our specific workflow.

Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
igaydajiev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

could you provide example workflow how do you invoke the script and example of invoked .ps script?

0 Kudos
ericr999
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm using VRO 7, and i'm using the Invoke an external script, that can be found in the Library, Powershell Workflows.

And the powershell script that we are calling, is calling another script to get some values and then we output this to the shell.

Let me know if you have any ideas.

0 Kudos
ericr999
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Finally, we've found our "problem"

Within the actions that workflow was calling, it was using com.vmware.library.powershell, invokeScript, within that script there was:

System.log ( result.getHostOutput() );

We've re-created a new action without that part for our specific workflow.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos