VMware Cloud Community
Halukkocaman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Input from vSphere Web

Hi,

I have a workflow that has input of VC:VirtualMachine type. When I present this workflow to virtual machines in websphere and try to run from VM, it doesn't select the VM name automatically to pass on the workflow. Is there anything I need to add to input?

Running the workflow; right click on VM name > All vRealize Orchestrator Actions > select the workflow.

I have vCenter v6 and vRO v7.1

Thank you,

Haluk

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

This is an indication that the name of the vCenter server in vRO doesn't match exactly the name of the vCenter in vSphere Web Client.

When you registered your vCenter in vRO using the workflow Add a vCenter Server instance, how did you specify the vCenter instance - by its IP address or by its fully qualified domain name?

Please make sure that you register it using exactly the same format as it appears in Web Client, eg. myvcenter.mydomain.com. Note that it is case-sensitive; eg. myvcenter.domain.com is not the same as MYVCENTER.domain.com.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

This is an indication that the name of the vCenter server in vRO doesn't match exactly the name of the vCenter in vSphere Web Client.

When you registered your vCenter in vRO using the workflow Add a vCenter Server instance, how did you specify the vCenter instance - by its IP address or by its fully qualified domain name?

Please make sure that you register it using exactly the same format as it appears in Web Client, eg. myvcenter.mydomain.com. Note that it is case-sensitive; eg. myvcenter.domain.com is not the same as MYVCENTER.domain.com.

Halukkocaman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I register them without domain.com in the end. Can I just update them using 'Update a vCenter Server Instance' instead of un-registering and registering again?

Halukkocaman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Just updating them worked.

0 Kudos