I am trying to use a "Rename virtual machine folder" workflow as an inner call in my wrapper workflow to perform a rename and then log folder name value to console in my wrapper. It works most of the time but once in awhile I find that vc:vmfolder.name produces value of the folder prior to rename even though rename occurred successfully. Any suggestions on how to get consistent results with something like that? reload method on folder object doesn't seem to help.
Hmm, that sounds strange; we need to look at it. How do you invoke the "Rename virtual machine folder" workflow? With which vRO & vCenter versions do you see this error happening?
vRO is 184.108.40.20636335; vcenter 6.5.
I'm calling it as an inner workflow, attaching a sample. Typically during 15 min test with 30 second recurrence, it will throw an exception at least once. I have added 5 second sleep as a last resort and feel like it helped but will need to run it for a bit longer to be sure.
I managed to reproduce it in my vCenter 6.0 environment. It failed almost immediately with vCenter plug-in in vRO 7.2.0. In 7.3.0, it took noticeable more iterations, but failed again. In 7.4.0, it didn't fail even after 1 hour.work.
Looks like there is some issue with the scripting action vim3WaitTaskEnd (which purpose it to wait for a vCenter task to end), probably cache-related. I see some changes made to this action's source code in its versions 0.3.1 and 1.0.0, but apparently the issue wasn't fully fixed
Adding some sleep, as you did, could help. I'll ask the guys who work on this plug-in to take a look at this issue. Meantime, if this issue is a blocker for you, please open a SR.