VMware Cloud Community
Matt_B1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Inconsistent HTTP error 404 accessing webview

I run a self-service portal via Orchestrator.  After upgrading to v5.5.1 from v5.1.1, users occasionally get this error.

HTTP ERROR 404.  Problem accessing /vco/vmo/app;jsessionid=<session id>. Reason: Not Found.

The jsessionid changes every time.

I will restart the vCO service and the error goes away.  Even after a restart, we'll sometimes get it and sometimes not.  I have clicked "Reset Plugins" and that didn't help.  I have the latest vCenter v5.5.1 running on a Win2k8 box.  vCO is running as the v5.5.1 appliance.  I followed the upgrade instructions from v5.1.1.  All tabs are green in the Orchestrator Configuration.

I noticed this entry and several potential memory leaks in a recent catalina log

31-Mar-2014 13:20:15.209 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-2] org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.clearReferencesJdbc The web application [/vco] registered the JDBC driver [net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver] but failed to unregister it when the web application was stopped. To prevent a memory leak, the JDBC Driver has been forcibly unregistered.

Tags (1)
2 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Matt_B1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Excellent, that resolved the issue!  I followed igaydajiev instructions in that 2355432 thread and used the replacement o11n-webview-server-5.5.1.jar.  I ran chown vco:vco on the new jar file to match the original.  I restarted and have yet to see the 404 error.

0 Kudos