VMware Cloud Community
shreyaShankar
Contributor
Contributor

How to install Plug-in other than using Control Center?

I want to install plugin in vRO via Postman. Since in vRO 7.3 Basic Auth is disabled, I'm looking for alternatives to install plugins. I know we can use Swagger UI to install plugin. Is there any other way to do it.

I had read that we can do it via vRO CLI. How do install using CLI? I have not been able to find any documentation for this? Following is the right command for this right?

/var/lib/vco/tools/configuration-cli/bin/vro-configure.sh

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hmm, I don't think vro-configure.sh provides a command to install a plug-in (except maybe the option to export configuration and then import it, as plug-ins are part of the exported configuration unless you explicitly skipped them).

One alternative you can try is to manually copy plug-in's DAR file to /usr/lib/vco/app-server/plugins/ folder using WinSCP (or whatever scp command you have at hand), then fix file's access permissions/ownership attributes to match those of the other plug-ins in the same folder, and then restart vRO server using service vco-server restart.

0 Kudos
shreyaShankar
Contributor
Contributor

Is there any documentation for vro-configure.sh usage?

I'll try the other way that you have mentioned. Thanks.

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Not sure if it has any detailed official documentation, but you can use --help command-line option to list all available commands.

0 Kudos
shreyaShankar
Contributor
Contributor

I copied the .dar file to /var/lib/vco/app-server/plugins, changed the permission and restarted server. I can see that plugin entry has been added to /var/lib/vco/app-server/conf/plugins/_VSOPluginInstallationVersion.xml file, yet I don't see that this plugin is vRO Control Center - Manager Plug-in's UI.

Also, I have check in server.log file, it shows that this plugin has been installed. Even when I log into vRO Swing Client, I can see this plug-in entry in Inventory tab.

When I make a query to REST API - https://vro-ip:8283/vco-controlcenter/api/plugins/all, I still don't find entry of this plug-in.

0 Kudos
romninja
Contributor
Contributor

You can install the plugin using the REST API. For more details check the REST API documentation on your vRO appliance

https://[vro_appliance_ip]:8281/vco/api/docs/resource_Plugin%20Service.html

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

OK, so the newly installed plug-in is visible to vRO server and vRO Swing client, but not to Control Center.

Did you try to restart Control Center service (service vco-configurator restart) ?

0 Kudos