VMware Cloud Community
marcseitz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How to get the User-Credentials from an User-Interaction via vSphere WebClient integration

Hi Guys,

let me explain what I'm trying to do.

I want to create a Workflow (just an example) which is called "Delete Virtualmachine", which makes sure that a virtual machine can only be deleted when two vSphere Admins approve this.

This Workflow will be started via vSphere WebClient (and vCO-Integration) from one vSphere Admin.

Now the Workflow is Waiting for an approval (also an "User-Interaction").

So, I have to compare if the User which started the workflow is different then the User which approved the User-Interaction.

I know, I can get the running User by this Command in an vCO-Scriptable Task "Server.getRunningUser()".

But the User-Interaction User I'm not able to figure out.

I can do a "Change credential" of the Workflow, but then I will need an input of the type "credential".

This is working fine directly in the vCO - But not in the vSphere Webclient integration.

Does anyone know, how to put the logged in user from the Webclient to the vCO-Workflow as an Input?

I hope, you understand what I'm trying to do 😉

Thanks & Regards,

Marc

0 Kudos
1 Reply
marcseitz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Nobody an idea how to pass a "Credential" automaticially from vSphere Webclient to a vCO-Workflow?  :smileyconfused:

0 Kudos