VMware Cloud Community
Yassir_bout
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How to disable yes/no field in vRO

Hi 

I'm trying to disable the field of boolean return type in my form. So I will able to return the result (yes or no), but I want that this field be disabled for the user. The users can not be able to change the result  

0 Kudos
5 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

Current workflow presentation does not support enabling/disabling of input parameter fields (the type of the field doesn't matter).

The only option is to hide/show the field, using either Show parameter input or Hide parameter input presentation properties.

0 Kudos
Yassir_bout
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I need to show the result. Because I'v a script that return in the network card is connected or not. If the network card is connected the field yes is active, if the network card in not connected the field no is active. But the user is able to change the response. I want to disable the field. The user can show the result, but can't change it. 

see attachement png

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Yes, I understand the use cases of this feature, and I agree it is a useful one, but the current presentation simply does not support it. Hopefully, it will be added in some future vRO release.

0 Kudos
Yassir_bout
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks. I hope too
0 Kudos
Clemmondt_Best
Contributor
Contributor

I know this is a very old post but maybe my solution is of some help, to someone looking for something similar.

What I do is I populate an array with a single item - either yes,no,true,false or a value. I then populate a string input field on the input form with this array of Predefined List of Answers (of which there is only the one option). Viola! A Read-only drop-down box with only one option.

0 Kudos