VMware Cloud Community
pwyzorski-wyzgu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

How to deploy a VM from a Template from Orchestrator

Hey,

How do I deploy a VM from a template using a customization spec or launching a customization script on a Linux host via Orchestrator? The JavaScript function seems non-obvious to do this so a bit of sample code would be nice. Also, if I attempt to do so using a PlugIn what are my athentication rights? The same as the logged in user?

regards,

~Patrick

Don't forget if the answers help, award points

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

To delpoy a VM from a template use one of the Clone VM workflows. You can use a clone workflow with or without customization. From the orchestrator point of view, VMs and Templates are pretty the same objects

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

To delpoy a VM from a template use one of the Clone VM workflows. You can use a clone workflow with or without customization. From the orchestrator point of view, VMs and Templates are pretty the same objects

0 Kudos
pwyzorski-wyzgu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

thanks.

0 Kudos
marcseitz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

I've had the same problems: How to deploy a VM using CustSpec from vCenter?

This is my Solution:

Create a scriptable Task and put the following Script into:

var spec_tmp;

spec_tmp = datacenter.sdkConnection.customizationSpecManager.getCustomizationSpec("NAME_OF_YOU_CustSpec_IN_VCENTER");

spec_tmp = spec_tmp.spec;

With this script you can read the CustSpec from the vCenter. After reading, you can customize the settings in the variable and clone a VM/Template.

datacenter = Variable of Type VC:Datacenter; Value: Your Datacenter from the vCenter

regards,

Marc

0 Kudos