VMware Cloud Community
Samprass
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How to customize a package after import to vCO....?

Dear Community,

Please anybody guide me how to customize and do the changes on the package after I import the packge to my vCO server.

I tried few of blogs,articles and book,I could nt get any direct way with steps to do that.

Appreciated your help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

If the editing functionality for packaged elements is disabled in the UI, this means the package author has explicitly disabled user permissions when he exported the package. This is kind of normal for official package releases - usually, the content of the package is tested as is, and the author doesn't want the users to make modifications.

So you have the following options:

• Restore edit (and other) permissions by making modifications directly into the database where the workflows are stored. This is risky and not supported officially!
  • Duplicate the workflow(s) you want to modify. The duplicated copy will be editable so you can make your modifications to it.
  • Contact the author of the package, and ask him if he is willing to provide you a copy of the package with editable content, or if he is willing to make the changes on parameters/content on your behalf.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

What kind of customizations/changes do you want to make on the package?

If you want to add new elements (workflows/actions/etc) into the package or remove existing elements - here are the steps:

1. In vCO Java client, switch to Design or Administer perspective using the combo box on the top (by default, the client is in Run perspective)
  2. Select Packages tab in the left panel (white circle inside orange rectangle)
  3. Select your package in the list of all packages, and press Ctrl+E (or right click with the mouse and choose Edit)
  4. In the opened editor window, go to appropriate tab
    • in General tab, you can change name and description of the package
    • In Workflows/PolicyTemplatesActions/etc tabs, you can add or remove the corresponding elements
0 Kudos
Samprass
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi llian,

Thanks for the reponse.

I want to customize the permissions and the parameters of the workflows.

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

If the editing functionality for packaged elements is disabled in the UI, this means the package author has explicitly disabled user permissions when he exported the package. This is kind of normal for official package releases - usually, the content of the package is tested as is, and the author doesn't want the users to make modifications.

So you have the following options:

• Restore edit (and other) permissions by making modifications directly into the database where the workflows are stored. This is risky and not supported officially!
  • Duplicate the workflow(s) you want to modify. The duplicated copy will be editable so you can make your modifications to it.
  • Contact the author of the package, and ask him if he is willing to provide you a copy of the package with editable content, or if he is willing to make the changes on parameters/content on your behalf.
0 Kudos