VMware Cloud Community
VirExprt
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

How to create Synchronous WF

Hello ,

I am asking a very dumb and basic question but for me i have been struggling for long to get it answered since i am no scriting guy and new to Orchrestrator.

I wanted to create a basic workflow which actually contains two different workflows,placed one after other between start and end points.

My objective is to Build a VM in vcenter and then power it on using workflow.  In order to achieve this , i bought workflow under vCenter named 'Create a Simple Virtual Machine' and next to it i placed other WF from vcenter named ' Start Virtual machine and Wait' , but validation fails with error ' Input Paramenter not set'

As per my requirement and logic, whatever the Vm name i provide, second workflow should pick it as VM name to power on. Now the problem is , i am not able to establish this logic in this workflow, i know something has to be done in visual binding where i have to let second WF know that required input is output of first workflow, but i am failing.

Could you please help me out with little explaination of logic which could help me learn fundamental behind it and can build such other workflow as well.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

MG

Regards, MG
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
maverix7
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

also you can check this nice video http://vmwarelearning.com/3ka/wrapping-workflows/ that is using exactly the "Create simple virtual machine" workflow

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
maverix7
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello,

As I understand you use case, you can bind the input parameters of "Create simple virtual machine" such as the "vmName" to input parameters or attributes of the workflow. Next you should bind the output "newVM" of "Create simple virtual machine" to an attribute of the workflow, and on the next step bind this attribute to the input of the "Start virtual machine" workflow, since it is expecting an object of type VirtualMachine.

You can check these for guides on how to create workflows

www.vcoteam.info

www.vcoportal.de

maverix7
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

also you can check this nice video http://vmwarelearning.com/3ka/wrapping-workflows/ that is using exactly the "Create simple virtual machine" workflow

0 Kudos
VirExprt
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

thanks a lot you saved my day. marking at attribute nad bnding to other input parament works fine and iam now enjoying learning VCO workflow via link you provided.

you been a great help.

thanks again !!

Regards,

MG

Regards, MG
0 Kudos