VMware Cloud Community
ZbyszekS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

How to clone a machine with customization and add run once commands?

Hey,

I started to use Orchestrator and I really like it. I'm trying to do some stuff in it but I run in to one problem. Before when I were cloning a machine I was using customization specification. Most of that can be done by Orchestrator but I'm not able to find in Orchestrator part of code which would do the same as RUN ONCE section in Guest Customization.

Can anybody help me?

thanks in advance

Zbyszek

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jalapeno420
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

To get it working for me, if I remember correctly.  I duplicated "Clone, Windows with signle NIC and credential" and added an input, runOnce (array/string), becuase the "Get Windows Customization, Syspred with credentials" inside it can take a commandList that are the runOnce commands.  I also had to modify the inputs to internal "Get Windows Customization, Syspred with credentials" from the NULL to the newly created runOnce.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
tschoergez
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Hi,

check customizationSpec and Deploy template with customization

to learn more about the customizationSpecification object you have to pass to the cloneVM or customizeVM methods.

If you can do it manually using the vSphere Client, then Onyx helps you to figure out the exact API calls.

Cheers,

Joerg

0 Kudos
Jalapeno420
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

To get it working for me, if I remember correctly.  I duplicated "Clone, Windows with signle NIC and credential" and added an input, runOnce (array/string), becuase the "Get Windows Customization, Syspred with credentials" inside it can take a commandList that are the runOnce commands.  I also had to modify the inputs to internal "Get Windows Customization, Syspred with credentials" from the NULL to the newly created runOnce.

ZbyszekS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hey!

Found it but it's not working as I can see Smiley Sad I added new input putted there commands which normally are in run once and as I can see it is not working.... Workflow was ended but the commands were not executed.

0 Kudos
Burke-
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Jalapeno gave the correct answer here, if not working you probably missed a binding somewhere. I have had to do this procedure in the past in order to get the commandList working. Additionally, in my implementation, I also passed in autoLogon = true and autoLogonCount = 1 ... It's been years since I did this, but I seem to remember that autoLogon needing to take place in order for the commandList to run .... I could be wrong, but don't have time to re-test this... would be nice if the Library workflow were updated to prompt for relevant inputs to allow this to work OOTB ..

If my answer resolved or helped you, please mark it as Correct or Helpful to award points. Thank you!

Visit http://www.vcoteam.info & http://blogs.vmware.com/orchestrator
for vRealize Orchestrator tips and tutorials - @TechnicalValues on Twitter
ZbyszekS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

thanks for info! Will try to switch on auto logon and will let you all know.

0 Kudos
ZbyszekS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

It works! many thanks to all!

0 Kudos