VMware Cloud Community
Pilu1978
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

How to Implement

Hi All,

I have a workflow to produce vm inventory report. I have 6 vCenters connected to vRO.

My requirement is to segregate these VC's in 3 groups say A, B, C and each group will have 2 vCenters and schedule the workflow 3 different times on a day. So every day when the schedule task runs, on the first run it should pick up the VC's on group A, on 2nd run it will pick the VC's on group B and on 3rd run it should pick the VC's on Group C.

Any idea how to implement this logic.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dvatov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Attached screenshot from the web client. The old (7.x) java client has similar functionality.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
dvatov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You can schedule the workflow 3 times and provide as its input array of vCenter servers

0 Kudos
Pilu1978
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply.

If I am scheduling same workflow for 3 times then how the workflow identifies which input array to choose on 1st run. Could you please elaborate?

0 Kudos
dvatov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

When you schedule the workfow you provide input to it. The newly created scheduled task links the workflow, its input and its schedule. Even if the workflow is the same its input and execution schedule can differ for different scheduled tasks.

0 Kudos
Pilu1978
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

My apologies, I am new to vRO and not able to understand what you are saying, could you please show me some example or screenshots etc.

0 Kudos
dvatov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Attached screenshot from the web client. The old (7.x) java client has similar functionality.

0 Kudos
Pilu1978
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks a lot. I have taken a different approach by creating config element and define the VC's based on group names.

Anyway thanks for lot for the idea. Much appreciated.

0 Kudos