VMware Cloud Community
Joffer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How do I find/show which vRO7 workflow is used in a vRA7 XaaS?

I'm having difficult finding out which vRO7 workflow a particular vRA7 XaaS item is used. I don't see it in the vRA7 interface (design/admin etc). Is it visible somewhere in vRA7 XaaS/Catalog Items?

Action: getWorkflowName

return workflow.currentWorkflow.name

I even created a simple action which just returned the workflow name in the vRA/vRO, and tried two aproches:

1) assigned the action to a new text field in blueprint form as an external input to the value constraints ("External Value Definition ${no.joffer.helpers/getWorkflowName}")

2) added an input in the vRO workflow and used presentation to run the action ("getWorkflowName")

#1 ends up with a "Failed to retrieve form from provider" when I start a XaaS request and just stays there "loading" forever

#2 displays only an empty input field in both vRO and vRA.

My only option so far is to actually write the workflow path/name into the description or as a "text" in my XaaS blueprint form.. not very elegant.

If there is an easy way to find out which workflow an XaaS item is using let me know. It will make troubleshooting easier as out vRA/vRO environment grows and more people are designing/coding etc..

vRA7 
0 Kudos
0 Replies