VMware Cloud Community
RichardSillito
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

How can I prevent duplicate vco servers showing up in the vco 5.5 inventory

Hi All,

New to vco so hopefully this is not a stupid question...

I have a workflow that deploys a vco appliance from a master vco instance running on windows, after the deployment I register the vco server as a slave to the master vco instance. For this step I am using the "Add a vCO server" workflow:

Capture1.PNG

The problem is that add vco server workflow will allow you to add duplicates (see picture below). I suspect this is to allow connections with differing credentials. Is there a way to build a workflow that could check to see if an entry already exists and if so skip adding it?

Capture2.PNG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RichardSillito
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi All,

It occurred to me that there is even a simpler approach if all your doing is lab rebuild. Just simply scroll through all the old connections to a given host and remove them. Then just add the host back when you deploy the vco Appliance. Here is what the script inside the scriptable task would look like to remove the old connections.

fix3.jpg

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RichardSillito
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi All,

I think I figured this out, it's a bit rough so feel free to add polish...  Smiley Happy

Here is what the flow looks like

fix1.jpg

The "lookup for vco server" has a script that looks like this:

fix2.jpg

It could use some better logic, i.e. you should probably scroll through the responses to figure out which one is most appropriate. Also I don't check to see if the server connection is working. But for what I am doing (automated lab rebuild) this works fine.

RS

RichardSillito
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi All,

It occurred to me that there is even a simpler approach if all your doing is lab rebuild. Just simply scroll through all the old connections to a given host and remove them. Then just add the host back when you deploy the vco Appliance. Here is what the script inside the scriptable task would look like to remove the old connections.

fix3.jpg

0 Kudos