VMware Cloud Community
DexG83
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

How can I configure vRO 8.0.1 to use a dns alias?

Hi Community,

actually I am validating vRO 8.0.1 for a test environment.

I imported and configured the appliance and can access the client and the Control Center as expected.

pastedImage_0.png

So far, so good. When using the configured DNS Alias, I get a 404 page not found Smiley Sad

pastedImage_4.png

Is there any additional configuration to do?

Many thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Dex

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Do you want to be able to use both names (vrotest.test.dom and orchestrator-test.test.dom), or only the alias name will be enough?

If the latter, I'd suggest to try to change the host name in vRO Control Center > Manage > Host Settings.

If the former - I'm not sure, I think there were some issues with communication flow with configured authentication provider if the address being used doesn't match the value configured in host settings page.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Do you want to be able to use both names (vrotest.test.dom and orchestrator-test.test.dom), or only the alias name will be enough?

If the latter, I'd suggest to try to change the host name in vRO Control Center > Manage > Host Settings.

If the former - I'm not sure, I think there were some issues with communication flow with configured authentication provider if the address being used doesn't match the value configured in host settings page.

0 Kudos
DexG83
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

thanks for your fast response. Its a demand of the Active Directory Team to use a specific host name so unfortunately that cannot be changed.

In Productive Environment that host name is a ten digit combination of letters and number... Smiley Wink

Because I am very oblivious, I prefer to use an alias instead of host name. I the Prod-Environment with vRO 7.5 that works very well.

So if I get you right, there is no point to configure to use hostname and alias?

many thanks and kind regards,

Dex

0 Kudos