VMware Cloud Community
michael_stefani
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Help Adding REST host with header authorization

I'm pretty new to using REST, but I've managed to get a few hosts setup via basic authentication and create a few operations successfully.  I've got a new REST host that I want to add, but instead of using basic authentication I pass a header and an authentication token of sorts, so something like this "Authorization" "Basic XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX".   I don't see any way to do this when using the built in add a REST host workflow.  If I choose basic it requires a username and password for authentication and if I choose none I have no where to put the header in and it fails.  Curious what other people are doing in situations like this?  Do I have to just skip adding the REST host and do it all in javascript?  If so any examples of that?  Thanks for any info.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rkrichevskiy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have started using transient rest connections to ease some of the configuration tasks, example is in this thread:

Create Transient RESTHost and RESTOperation.

Try setting the auth object to null and adding setHeader with your own auth token.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
rkrichevskiy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have started using transient rest connections to ease some of the configuration tasks, example is in this thread:

Create Transient RESTHost and RESTOperation.

Try setting the auth object to null and adding setHeader with your own auth token.

0 Kudos
michael_stefani
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks, that definitely helps.

0 Kudos