VMware Cloud Community
ajcohen1
Contributor
Contributor

Getting a "Permission to perform this operation was denied" error in vRealize Orchestrator

Hi,

I'm using vRO 7.3 with vSphere 6.5.

When I try to run a basic "canned" workflow like create snapshot or remove all snapshots, I get the error "Permission to perform this operation was denied."

I can perform both operations manually in vSphere. I've attached a screenshot of the vRO Client output.

Can anybody advise? Is this a permissions group issue in vSphere or something with the vRO configuration?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

How is your vCenter plug-in configured - in shared mode or in session-per-user mode? And what permissions does the corresponding account have on vCenter?

0 Kudos
ajcohen1
Contributor
Contributor

The plug-in is configured in session-per-user mode. The account has admin-level privileges.

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

OK, the API removeAllSnapshots_Task requires VirtualMachine.State.RemoveSnapshot privilege on vCenter.

If the account you use to login to vRO Java client has an administrator role on vCenter, then it should has this privilege granted by default. I would suggest as a first step to check if this is indeed the case, by going to vSphere Web Client > Administration > Access Control > Roles

The next step would be to check vCenter server logs for additional clues about the error.

Also, if this is a test/dev environment, you can check if updating the vCenter plug-in to a newer version will make any change. Newer builds of the plug-in are available at https://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-32872

0 Kudos