VMware Cloud Community
MartyHill
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Get Machine Blueprints Associated with a Service's Catalog Items

In our vCAC we have a service with catalog items that provision vSphere VMs via template cloning. In a vCO script, is there a way to get the blueprint objects associated with each of the catalog item objects in our service? If so, can you provide code to show how it is done? We have vCAC 6.1 and vCO 5.5.2.Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MartyHill
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Ok, I finally found the answer courtesy of Automating vRA (vCAC) using vRO - Split Brain :

"Every Catalog Item has a providerBinding attribute. This contains the bindingId. This binding ID is the blueprint ID (virtualMachineTemplateID) from the IaaS Part. This is how vRA figures out which blueprint to deploy when you request a catalog Item."

So, given a vCACCAFECatalogItem object, I can get the associated blueprint ID like this:

var blueprintId = catalogItem.getProviderBinding().getBindingId();

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MartyHill
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Ok, I finally found the answer courtesy of Automating vRA (vCAC) using vRO - Split Brain :

"Every Catalog Item has a providerBinding attribute. This contains the bindingId. This binding ID is the blueprint ID (virtualMachineTemplateID) from the IaaS Part. This is how vRA figures out which blueprint to deploy when you request a catalog Item."

So, given a vCACCAFECatalogItem object, I can get the associated blueprint ID like this:

var blueprintId = catalogItem.getProviderBinding().getBindingId();

0 Kudos