VMware Cloud Community
Clemmondt_Best
Contributor
Contributor

Forcing a specific selection item or number in an Input Form list of GetAction with Predefined Answers

Can you force a specific selection item or item number in an Input Form list of GetAction with Predefined Answers?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
inevp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

What version of vRO are you running? Are you using the web or the Java UI?

0 Kudos
Clemmondt_Best
Contributor
Contributor

I'm using 7.6 and mostly use the Java client due to the tree/folder view that's not available on the web client - remembering and typing in 10 tags to find my workflow or action in a 1000 is not my idea of automation 😉
0 Kudos
inevp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

In the Java client you can force a specific selection by combining the 'Predefined answers' and 'Default value' properties for the field. Both can be bound to a vRO action if you have a more dynamic setting.

By the way, the tree view is available in the web UI starting from vRO 8.1 Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Clemmondt_Best
Contributor
Contributor

That is fantastic news about 8.1! I will test the migration upgrade in my LAB when I have a chance.

Thanks for your help! I converted the composite arrays to simple arrays to be listed in drop-down box using "Predefined answers" with an additional action, which I can then lookup the selected value by using yet another (hidden) input field that runs yet another action.  I found this great method of reading in composite Harry objects and displaying the fields and values: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/Guide/Working_with_Objects

0 Kudos