VMware Cloud Community
Sirry
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Finding who answered a user-interaction item

Is there any way to obtain which user answered the user-interaction item? I cannot seem to find any resources regarding this subject. Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChristianWehner
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Sirry,

we built a workaround to get the user. Don't know there will be an easier way.

You could build a "external input" parameter for user and on presentation you could set the parameter with: "Default value": "#__username" to be set as with the username of the person answering the user-interaction. You could also set the input as hidden, so the user don't know he is providing his username. "Hide parameter input": "true".

Regards,

Chris

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ChristianWehner
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Sirry,

we built a workaround to get the user. Don't know there will be an easier way.

You could build a "external input" parameter for user and on presentation you could set the parameter with: "Default value": "#__username" to be set as with the username of the person answering the user-interaction. You could also set the input as hidden, so the user don't know he is providing his username. "Hide parameter input": "true".

Regards,

Chris

0 Kudos
Sirry
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you Christian, this is exactly what I needed and painless enough to not even consider it a workaround Smiley Happy.

I'm just curious, but is there a comprehensive list of defined variables? i.e. #__abcdef does xyz, #__bcdefg does wxy, etc

EDIT: I see the answer to my own question in the dropdown list provided when I made the changes. There are just a handful of them. Thanks!

0 Kudos