VMware Cloud Community
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Find a vRA catalog resource by its request Id.

I'm trying to use this to lookup a catalog resource by its requestId but I get an error saying "Invalid data access API usage exception raised during retrieving data" .  This is how I put together the request:

var service = host.createCatalogClient().getCatalogConsumerResourceService();

var filter = new Array();

filter[0] = vCACCAFEFilterParam.equal("requestId", vCACCAFEFilterParam.string(requestId));

var query = vCACCAFEOdataQuery.query().addFilter(filter);

var items = service.getResourcesList(new vCACCAFEPageOdataRequest(query))

Any clue why this throws this error?  Seems like it should work.

I also tried using the request service

var requestService = host.createCatalogClient().getCatalogConsumerRequestService();

var resources = requestService.getResourcesProvisionedByRequest(requestId);

But I'm not sure where to go with the result.  The result is a com.vmware.vcac.platform.rest.client.services.PagedResourcesWrapper which I am not sure how to handle.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EchoBravo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello

I may be wrong but it seams you forget ",null" here the var resources = requestService.getResourcesProvisionedByRequest(requestId);

From my understanding of your needs yo,u should look at this (https://www.helloitscraig.co.uk/2016/03/get-resources-provisioned-vra-request.html and vRO API Explorer by Flores and Dr Ruurd of ITQ😞

/*

Name: getResourcesProvisionedByRequest

Input: vCACCAFEHost - vCACCAFE:VCACHost

Input: requestId - String

Output: void

Description: Get catalog item resources provisioned from a request

*/

var _requestId = "bc147f2c-1995-442b-8fc9-c769ec9bf9f4";

//Create an instance of vCACCAFECatalogClient

var _client = vCACCAFEHost.createCatalogClient();

//Create an instance of vCACCAFECatalogConsumerRequestService

var _requestService = _client.getCatalogConsumerRequestService();

//getResourcesProvisionedByRequest returns type vCACCAFEPagedResources .getContent() will return an array of vCACCAFECatalogResource

var _resources = _requestService.getResourcesProvisionedByRequest(_requestId, null).getContent();

//Loop through results

for (var i = 0; i < _resources.length; i++){

System.log("Id: " + _resources[i].id);

System.log("Name: " + _resources[i].name);

}

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
EchoBravo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello

I may be wrong but it seams you forget ",null" here the var resources = requestService.getResourcesProvisionedByRequest(requestId);

From my understanding of your needs yo,u should look at this (https://www.helloitscraig.co.uk/2016/03/get-resources-provisioned-vra-request.html and vRO API Explorer by Flores and Dr Ruurd of ITQ😞

/*

Name: getResourcesProvisionedByRequest

Input: vCACCAFEHost - vCACCAFE:VCACHost

Input: requestId - String

Output: void

Description: Get catalog item resources provisioned from a request

*/

var _requestId = "bc147f2c-1995-442b-8fc9-c769ec9bf9f4";

//Create an instance of vCACCAFECatalogClient

var _client = vCACCAFEHost.createCatalogClient();

//Create an instance of vCACCAFECatalogConsumerRequestService

var _requestService = _client.getCatalogConsumerRequestService();

//getResourcesProvisionedByRequest returns type vCACCAFEPagedResources .getContent() will return an array of vCACCAFECatalogResource

var _resources = _requestService.getResourcesProvisionedByRequest(_requestId, null).getContent();

//Loop through results

for (var i = 0; i < _resources.length; i++){

System.log("Id: " + _resources[i].id);

System.log("Name: " + _resources[i].name);

}

0 Kudos
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Thank you! It was the missing parameter.  I sure wish that was handled more gracefully!

0 Kudos
jcrubino
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Do you know if they are a similar method to get the same information, but for a request in progress ?

When I run this solution in a In progress request, I don't get any information After the request was approved by my post approval policy, I run the same workflow and all the ressources are there. It's like we need to finish successfully the deployment to get the ressource information of the request.

When I use the "Post Aproval Policy" my EB just show a couple of information, but not the ressources Ex. VM Name. And as the VM Name is assigned dinamically, I don't have this information in the request.

Thanks

0 Kudos
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

To the best of my knowledge no catalog resource exists until after the request is complete.  I have some activities that just query the request status and once completed then grab the resource.

0 Kudos