VMware Cloud Community
koushik_vmware
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

External Pre-Approval policy Implementation with external DB and SMTP email in vRA7.0

Dear All,

We planning to implement the External Approval Policy in vRA7.0 with EBS integration. For approver email, we need to check the external DB from external Workflow. So, I am planning with the below steps, can you please let me know whether my planning is correct or not ? Do you propose some other solution for this scenario. ?

Step 1 : Configure Pre-Approval Event to External Approval Policy Workflow and link with EBS in vRA7.0

Step 2 : Develop External Workflow to extract the Payload about the Request and do following steps in workflow.

Step 3 : Integrate SQL with the Database provided to fetch Requester Managers Email id/Approver's email id.

Step 4:  Integrate SMTP/MAIL plugin to send mail to Manager Email from a generic mail id e.g. vRAApprovals@xxxxx.com.

Step 5:  Develop Logic to regular lookup for the response from the Manager "Approved" / "Rejected" with the above account/email id.

Step 6 : Based on the Mail response complete the workflow as "Approved" or "Rejected".

Thanks,

Koushik

0 Kudos
0 Replies