VMware Cloud Community
KiwiDave
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Error in certificate

Hi all,

I am having an issue with the certificate in a Orchestrator 4.2.0 deployment.

I chose to generate a self-signed cert but I get an error message from the configuration page:

certError.JPG

I cannot restart Orchestrator from the web config page, but I am able to restart it from services.msc and workflows are working alright.

How do I recreate the cert or import a new one?

Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos
4 Replies
dimitrovg
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

The cert on this page is used to sign the packages exported from the vCO server.

I cannot reproduce the problem pn my server. I guess the version is 4.2.0-507352? There should be no difference between restarting from the configurator web interface and console. Can you try to restart the configurator it self?

I will need more info - the logs that contain the full NullPointerException. You can send the log to me only.

You can generate the archive with all logs from configurator Log->Generate log report.

Regards,

Geo

KiwiDave
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks Geo, you have PM.

The version is 4.2.0 build 5277.

I have restarted the configuration server, that works fine, but it still displays the server cert error.

0 Kudos
sanchezs
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Dave,

I think I've seen that error before, or at least one with the same NullPointerException error caused by some wrong values passed to the certificate generation process.

It looks like you're passing valid Common name, Organization and Organization unit values. What other parameters are you passing? Can you provide a screenshot of the generation screen with the parameters that you're using?

If all the certificate attributes are OK, on that Server Certificate tab you should be able to see also the Public key, the Country, the Validity, the Fingerprint and the Serial Number attributes of the certificate.

I hope it helps.

Sergio

KiwiDave
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks to Geo for directing me where to delete the offending cert in the DB.

0 Kudos