VMware Cloud Community
NVA
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Error in Plug-in when browsing just added vcenter

Hi,

I just added a new vcenter to manage it with orchestrator. I add certificate and connection to it seem OK. All is green in the web configuration page ! Please see printscreen !

When I open the orchestrator client, I can see my first VCenter et browse object. I can see my second VCenter but when I try to browse it there is just a message : "Error in Plug-in"

Thank you very much for your help !

Nicolas

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

This error occurs when vCO server uses LDAP credentials to login to vCenter plug-in. When you configure vCenter Server in the vCO configuration, it uses the vCenter credentials to authenticate. Now, when you are connecting to vCO using the vCO Client, it uses the same credentials to authenticate the vCenter Plug-in in the client. Hence, the best way to resolve this error is creating the same user ( with same credentials) which connects to vCenter Server, in the LDAP you are using, with the administrative rights. Hence, the same user a/c will be used to connect to vCenter and as well as to the vCO client.

Hope this is helpful and you are able to resolve this error.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Burke-
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Did you restart the Orchestrator Configuration Service? This is required after adding SSL certificates.

If my answer resolved or helped you, please mark it as Correct or Helpful to award points. Thank you! Visit http://www.vcoteam.info & http://blogs.vmware.com/orchestrator for vRealize Orchestrator tips and tutorials - @TechnicalValues on Twitter
NVA
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello,

Yes of course ! But no change !

Thanks for your interest !

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

This error occurs when vCO server uses LDAP credentials to login to vCenter plug-in. When you configure vCenter Server in the vCO configuration, it uses the vCenter credentials to authenticate. Now, when you are connecting to vCO using the vCO Client, it uses the same credentials to authenticate the vCenter Plug-in in the client. Hence, the best way to resolve this error is creating the same user ( with same credentials) which connects to vCenter Server, in the LDAP you are using, with the administrative rights. Hence, the same user a/c will be used to connect to vCenter and as well as to the vCO client.

Hope this is helpful and you are able to resolve this error.

0 Kudos
NVA
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

Thank you for your help !

My LDAP login are OK ! But after just a complete reboot of server where orchestrator and DB run all is OK !

I can now browse the inventory of my new vcenter !

Control LDAP login is a good idea but in my case there is no problem with it !

Now all is ok for me !

Thank you very much !

Regards,

0 Kudos
briodan
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hey i'm having the same issue

however the full server reboot did not fix the issue.

One bit of difference is that my Databases are on a different SQL server.

Anyone have any ideas?

0 Kudos