VMware Cloud Community
LTomic
Contributor
Contributor

Edge Gateway deployment / NAT rules

Hi to all,

here are requirements:

cloud implementation with vSphere, vCloud Director and Orchestrator

one customer = one organization = one vDC = one or more vApps (every vApp contains only one VM)

organizations, vDCs and VApps should be provisioned from Orchestrator

Isolation should be enabled between customers.

VPSs should be accessible using public IP address from Internet.

VPSs in same vDC should be accessible using private addresses.

Idea is to use  VLAN isolation and to deploy Edge gateway in every vDC.

Organizational network will use static IP pool.

SNAT and DNAT rules (one to one IP address) will be implemented for every VPS.

How to automate Edge Gateway deploy and allocation of public addresses? To create NAT rules, public IP address range should be sub-allocated among gateways.

So, when vDC is created and Egde deployed, one public IP address should be assigned to it.

After that, public IP pool should be sub-allocated on that gateway and another IP address should be picked up and be assigned to NAT rules which will be used for first VPS in that vDC.

Provisioning of every other VPS in that vDC should sub-allocate public IP pool and take next available address and create NAT rules.

Any advice is welcome.

Jojz

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Burke-
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello Jojz, I'm no longer working with anything vCD related, but I did a workflow package for load balancer operations on the vCD Edge which can be found here: 

That package may help you get started with working with the Edge via vCD plug-in.

Good luck.

If my answer resolved or helped you, please mark it as Correct or Helpful to award points. Thank you! Visit http://www.vcoteam.info & http://blogs.vmware.com/orchestrator for vRealize Orchestrator tips and tutorials - @TechnicalValues on Twitter
0 Kudos
LTomic
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Burke,

thank you for reply.

I will import package and see does it help.

Basically, I need solution which would take addresses from somewhere (DB or file), assign it to Edge when Edge is deployed and assign it for each new created NAT rule when VPS is provision.

Thank you for help

Lojz

0 Kudos