VMware Cloud Community
Ashish2201
Contributor
Contributor

Disable the LDAP configuration

Hi all,

I am using orchestrator 4.0, and want to configure it to allow only the default user(lcmadmin, admin,..etc) to be authenticated ie. dont want to use LDAP at all.

Do anyone have any idea about how to do this??????

0 Kudos
3 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

This is not really possible with vCO to authenticate against only DNs you select. We need an authentication source and it must come from LDAP right now.

What you can do is create an LDAP group and limit the membership to the users you select. Use that as your admin group. Then point the user lookup base to the lowest possible branch/OU in the user lookup base.

The other thing you can do is to adjust the permissions of the top level workflow folder so that only specific users have access to the workflows.

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Ashish2201
Contributor
Contributor

Hi siayiu,

Thanx for your reply, Is it possible to have LCM user on the local server i means the local users of the server on which lcm is installed? Is this possible??

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

I don't know how your environment looks like so I couldn't give you a definitive answer. If your users on the local server are also on a LDAP server, then the answer is yes. But if they are not, it would probably be difficult.

Cheers,

Sia

0 Kudos