VMware Cloud Community
wildedave
Contributor
Contributor

Default Email Workflows not happy

Hi Peoples

I am having an issue with the default email Workflows. As I understand it, and I may be wrong, when I execute one of the email Workflows I am presented with a form which enables me to enter such information as my mailhost, To and From addresses etc. The only required field I need to complete is the To address as the rest of the information required is pulled from the information that I have Pre Filled in the Mail Tab of the Orchestrator Configuration.

That being the case, the workflow fails. Looking at the logs and I see a buch of empty fields where the pre fill info should be, along with the error:

Cannot send mail : 501 Syntax error, parameters in command "MAIL FROM:<me@.there.com.au>" unrecognized or missing

Executing the Workflow and submitting all of the information on the form at the time of execution results in the Workflow succeeding.

So to me that indicates that the Workflow is not pulling the required info from the Configurator (ir vice-versa).

Any thoughts before I raise a SR??

Thanks in Advance

0 Kudos
3 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Are you sure the config is correct (even is it's not failing)

The "from" is me@.there.com.au and you have a . before "there" that is not right..

0 Kudos
wildedave
Contributor
Contributor

Well spotted Cedric but thats just a cut and past error on my part. The config is correct.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Could you post some server log?

0 Kudos