Hi,

I create the following action:

var testCompositeType = new Array();

var obj = new Properties();

obj.put("f1","v1");

obj.put("f2",v2");

testCompositeType.push(obj);

return testCompositeType;

return type of the action: Array/CompositeType(f1:string,f2:string):testCompositeType

I created a new workflow with one input which has a predefined answers: GetAction("org...","actionName").call()

When I run my workflow, I received an empty table with header names: f1, f2.

Above it, I have an "Insert value" botton when I click it, I can only add new composite values for f1 and f2.

I thought it would give me the inputs I had entered in the action (obj) - what is my mistake?

Thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

What is the type of the input parameter of your workflow? From the description, it seems its type is the same as the action return type - Array/CompositeType(f1:string,f2:string):testCompositeType.

If so, how did you set the predefined answers property? I don't think the editor offers such presentation property from composite types.

Anyway, composite types are handled a bit differently in the platform than the other 'regular' types so its possible that some things do not work properly for composite types (not because users do something wrong).

0 Kudos
orian
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Yes, my input of the workflow is Array\compositeType.

If I change it to array of Properties, it will work?

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

No, it still won't work. Properties is one of the types the vRO client has no editors for.

0 Kudos