VMware Cloud Community
Rabakukk
Contributor
Contributor

Composite Types in VCO

I am attempting to define a composite type for an attribute of an element in Configurations. I am able to create it and name it, but after creation that name is not available anywhere else, such as for another element in Configurations, for an attribute in a workflow scriptable task or an action.

However, if I define a composite type for an attribute in an action and name it is is available to other actions and in workflows, but not in Configurations.

It seems that Configuration does not include any created composite types and won't add to them.

Is this correct or am I doing something wrong? Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Rabakukk
Contributor
Contributor

I forgot to mention, I am using VCO 5.1.0, Build Number 2725.

0 Kudos
ivand
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Composite Type is intended to be used in workflow executions (this includes actions).

It is not implemented for Configuration elements

Regards

Ivan

Rabakukk
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the information. It would be useful though to be able to use them as a way to define global data types. We have a need to be able to define attributes at a global level so that they can be used in multiple workflows and then deploy these to several VCO instances, thus each instance having a different set of values but still using the same data type..

0 Kudos
ivand
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I have prepared a sample package containing workflow and a configuration element

Configuration element has attribute of type Composite Type

The workflow has input parameter and attribute this configuration element

When I set values to properies of the configuration element attribute, the workflow prints those values

Can you look at this package.

If this is not what you are looking for, please, modify the package for the exact use case that you have.

I will look at it afterwards

Regards

Ivan

0 Kudos