VMware Cloud Community
austinb
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Clone VM from Properties workflow fails creating sysprep.log file

I'm running vCenter Orchestrator 4.0.1 on a Windows 2008 server.

I'm getting the following errors when running the Orchestrator workflow "Clone VM from Properties". The "Log Properties" scriptable task within that workflow is producing the following errors:

Error loggingInternalError: Permission denied on file 'E:\Program Files\vmware\orchestrator\app-server\bin\..\server\vmo\log\sysprep.log', write not allowed

Error closing fileInternalError: File Not Open: ../server/vmo/log/sysprep.log

This is causing the workflow to fail.

I've tried running the Orchestrator service under the local system and a local admin account and I still get the permission denied errors. The permissions to the app-server log file directory have been opened up everyone with full control and I still get the permissions denied error.

Appreciate any ideas for other options to try.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stuartclements
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

Hi Austin,

By default, Orchestrator can only write to certain parts of the file system. To write to other parts of the file system, you need to modify a system property, as described on p49 of the Administration Guide.

Thanks,

Stuart Clements

vCO docs team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
stuartclements
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

Hi Austin,

By default, Orchestrator can only write to certain parts of the file system. To write to other parts of the file system, you need to modify a system property, as described on p49 of the Administration Guide.

Thanks,

Stuart Clements

vCO docs team

0 Kudos
austinb
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

That did the trick. Thanks for the quick response!

0 Kudos