VMware Cloud Community
TheVMinator
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Choosing an Account to Use for Orchestrator Setup

There are 3 places where Orchestrator requires a specific user account to be specified during setup:

1. In "Orchestrator Configuration" Under "Authentication" tab - the Registration of Orchestrator with SSO

2. In "Ochestrator Configuration" under the "Licensing" tab -> "Add vCenter Server License"

3. In the Orchestrator Client, under the "Add a vCenter Instance" workflow.

If after all of this has been setup successfully by an employee who uses his AD user account to these 3 functions, then afterward that employee leaves and the account is removed from AD, will it cause a problem with any of the above configurations that were done?  Will orchestrator still be registered, Licensed, and vCenter Instance added?  Or will things begin to break / stop working?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stvkpln
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

SSO should continue to work, and licensing will continue to work until the service restarts.. and checks for the license with the vCenter server... I do not believe you'll be able to install new plugins if the account is gone, as well.

My recommendation would be to use a service account, either configured in vSphere SSO or Active Directory.

-Steve

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
stvkpln
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

SSO should continue to work, and licensing will continue to work until the service restarts.. and checks for the license with the vCenter server... I do not believe you'll be able to install new plugins if the account is gone, as well.

My recommendation would be to use a service account, either configured in vSphere SSO or Active Directory.

-Steve
0 Kudos
TheVMinator
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

OK great - thanks again.

0 Kudos