VMware Cloud Community
paurgie
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Changing the 'Waiting for interaction' name in vCenter Web Client

Our VM request process has a custom simple web form that fires an XML request into our VCO environment, where it sits and waits for the admins to provision the VM based on the requirements.  While it sits there, the text is a very non-helpful 'ProvisionVM: Verify Site'  which is workflowName:Step.  It also pauses later for an intermediate step that can't be rolled into the first presentation.

My question is if there is any good way to set the name displayed in the vCenter web client to something dynamic from the parameters.  What I'd really like to do is have it be like workflowName:RequestedName:Step, or something on that order.  Basically I'd like to be able to tell from that first page what the passed in name of the VM was.  If I click in a few more pages I can see that it's in there, but that's a bit convoluted and then I may have to wade through all other runs to see the waiting runs.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Currently there is no such way. But I agree that having a bit more dynamism in the presentations could be useful in some use cases so we may consider it for future releases.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Currently there is no such way. But I agree that having a bit more dynamism in the presentations could be useful in some use cases so we may consider it for future releases.

0 Kudos