VMware Cloud Community
mbx369
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Cannot install VCO 4.1.1

Hi everyone,

I have this problem on hand.

I have successfully upgraded my vCenter from 4,0 Update 1 to 4.1 Update 1. I missed out the part where the VCO will be silently installed as well.

Anyway, with 2 VCO versions listed in the Add/Remove Program, I have removed them. I tried re-installing using the vCO\vCenterOrchestrator.exe but failed numerous times.

During the troubleshooting I had:

- Manually removed the VCO Configuration Service;

- Manually removed the registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VMware\Orchestrator; as per the Release Notes (Installation Issues)

- Manually removed the folder \,installation path\VMware\Infrastructure\Orchestrator

But still I get the error that there's already a VCO installed.

Any suggestions would be great.

Please awards points if this was useful. :) ~~~~~ To Live Is To Die ~~~~~ VCP3/4/5
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jinnie
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

C:\Program Files\Zero G Registry\.com.zerog.registry.xml

Delete this file, or move it to safe location, in case some other product may need it.
Generally, it contains install/uninstall information for InstallAnywhere, which is used by vCO installation process.

Regards,

Ivan

0 Kudos
mbx369
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Jinnie,

I had deleted the folder and the installation still fails.

What I noticed is that after running the installation exe, the folders C:\Program Files\VMware\Orchestrator & C:\Program Files\Zero G Registry gets created again.

There are only 2 registry keys left, which are I am unable to delete:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_VMOCONFIGURATION\0000

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Enum\Root\LEGACY_VMOCONFIGURATION\0000

Where else could the previous installation be logged?

I can't think of any right now.....

Please awards points if this was useful. :) ~~~~~ To Live Is To Die ~~~~~ VCP3/4/5
0 Kudos
Jinnie
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I'd focus around the zerog registry file. Delete, restart, try to install.

Some time ago I needed to have 2 vCO installations on the same PC and this was the only thing that was needed to make a second installation. It was on linux, though, but the basic idea should be the same.

Also check the user home directory for such a file - c:\documents and settings\your-user-name

mbx369
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Jinnie,

I searched through the server and found a c:\tmp\vmware_orchestrator_installer_output.txt.

Deleted this file and the installer ran fine!

So the conclusion: Ensure all files & registry keys related to Orchestrator is removed before re-installation.

Thanks for the reponses. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos