VMware Cloud Community
lamlx
Contributor
Contributor

Can't login in to Vmware Orchestrator 8.4 web client

Hi everyone, i have new deploy VM Orchestrator on vCenter Server.

When i finished deploy VM vRO on vCenter, i check nslookup FQDN on VM vRO using root account,it normal but i try to login in to web client using IP or FQDN for vRO it can't connect to service or login in to vRO.

I already create record A and PTR on DNS server using windows server 2012 R2. On DNS server can resolve record and FQDN for vRO.

Who used to deploy VM vRO 8.4 please help me to solve this issues. Thanks you very much.

Lam 

nslookup.JPGrecord.JPGcan't login.JPG

0 Kudos
13 Replies
eoinbyrne
Expert
Expert

If you go to the base page of the server you'll find the link to start the orchestrator client

i.e.

https://10.10.200.26

0 Kudos
eoinbyrne
Expert
Expert

Or indeed you can go go straight to the client by opening

https://10.10.200.26/orchestration-ui/

0 Kudos
jimmyvandermast
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I have no idea what Khong the truy cap trang web nay means. But I also see CONNECTION_REFUSED

You may have some kind of firewall between your client and server, or the vro services are not running?

0 Kudos
lamlx
Contributor
Contributor

Because i using same network (subnet) for vRO and windows server so firewall can't block port for vRO.

How i can check service of vRO running or not?

Sincerely

0 Kudos
eoinbyrne
Expert
Expert

One way is to open the web console of the vRO VM and check if you see something like this

eoinbyrne_0-1623143114026.png

This content shows that all services are started and the application is ready. If this is not the case then you'll need to either

- Hit the VAMI interface (not sure if 8.x uses it?)

- Or SSH to the VM and check the status of the pods. Theres's a KB here - https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/76870 - which has the commands you need to display status output & some info on how to resolve if you're in this position (which you might be...?)

0 Kudos
jimmyvandermast
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

The "Welcome to" message on the console simply means that the VM has booted, many services attempt to start after that. So having the Welcome there does not mean all services are running.

vRA/vRO 8 appliances do not have a VAMI anymore.

Make an SSH connection to 10.10.200.26 and log in as root.
Then type kubectl -n prelude get pods
You may check the output or post it here.

0 Kudos
lamlx
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Jimmyvandermast,

I already type kubectl -n prelude get pods, but vRO can't check the output

lamlx_0-1623315113528.png

Do you have any idea about this?

Sincerely 

0 Kudos
jimmyvandermast
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Since this is a new installation, it looks like the installation failed or was not fully completed.

My suggestion is to re-install.

0 Kudos
Daniel_Neckel
Contributor
Contributor

I have the very same scenario, fresh installation, all the same outputs. 

Does anyone find how to fix it? 

0 Kudos
yatigammanabnd
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

ah, I've seen this before. It was quite annoying - same as you fresh install, but couldn't actually use it - No way to log in.

I found similar mention in some release notes (8.1 maybe? with a possible fix), and also this kb article - New installs of vRealize Orchestrator 8.x fail to install due to a POD STATUS of 'CrashLoopBackOff' ...

Hopefully that link will work for you, otherwise you'll be in the same boat we were in - Our solution ended up being installing a newer vRO version (8.6.2 we ended up going with as any earlier version reaches end of general support by October!) - I believe the current latest is 8.8.

TLDR; try that link above if applicable, or install a newer vRO (I'd recommend one that is not about to go out of general support >= 8.6.2)

0 Kudos
SPackets
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for this! I was getting the same problem with the 8.10.1, 8.10.2. I also randomly tried 8.4.2 and all were resulting in the same problems described by others. Finally I tried 8.6.2 as you mentioned and it finally deployed properly. Again, big thanks!

0 Kudos
lamlx
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone, because on vmware don't have version 8.6.2 so i can't download it, can anyone know how to download version 8.6.2? Many thanks

0 Kudos