VMware Cloud Community
FSvcoe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Can't add vCenter, "Server certificate chain not verified" error

Good Morning,

After upgrading to VCO 5.5.1, I can not add a vCenter that was previously registered-it reports the following error:

Error

Could not register or update vCenter Server extension

com.vmware.vim.vmomi.client.exception.SslException: com.vmware.vim.vmomi.core.exception.CertificateValidationException: Server certificate chain not verified

I've reimported the cert from the VC, but still no luck. I also couldn't license the server and had to add manually. There is no firewall restriction in place, so I'm not sure what else could be taking place. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks,.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
FSvcoe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

We went through this process with all 6 of our vCenters. It turns out this was the only one having an issue. I suspect it was because the old cert length was 512, while the others, which were a fresh vCenter install and not upgrades, created a 2K cert.

Removing and reinstalling vCenter 5.5 only fixed the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
FSvcoe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Can anyone offer an idea? I've reverted back to the prior install, and we're getting the same error. Thanks.

0 Kudos
igaydajiev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You can check if the VC certificate is still valid.

It can be that the certificate has expired or domain name has changed.

FSvcoe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

We went through this process with all 6 of our vCenters. It turns out this was the only one having an issue. I suspect it was because the old cert length was 512, while the others, which were a fresh vCenter install and not upgrades, created a 2K cert.

Removing and reinstalling vCenter 5.5 only fixed the issue.

0 Kudos