VMware Cloud Community
CraigMcDonald
Contributor
Contributor

Can not login to the Orchestrator Client

Hi,

I've just downloaded and configured the Orchestrator appliance - all has gone well except when I try to login using the Orchestration client application - it reports reports invalid username/password.

I have configured Active Directory as my LDAP source and that is configured correctly - using the test feature I can login using ad accounts and see whether the accounts are in the vcoadmins group successfully. All other configurable components have been done and seem to be correct.

I have no idea where to turn now.

Loggin reports authentication problems in line with what I'm seeing from the client application.

2012-07-12 04:22:09.728+0000 ERROR [VSOFactoryBean] Unable to login (Ex: javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: Cannot login user : xxx-admin, user unknown)

Has anyone seen this issue before?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
tschoergez
Leadership
Leadership

moved to Orchestrator forums...

Hi!

try to use the full username including Domain for the login (e.g. xxx-admin@mymightycompany.com ).

Regards,

Joerg

0 Kudos
igaydajiev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The vCO appliance comes with preconfigured LDAP server and after reconfiguring it can still use the old one.

You can try restarting the vCO Server. This can be done from vCO Configurator/Startup Options tab. Click on the "Restart Service" link.

Hope it helps.

0 Kudos