VMware Cloud Community
YujiEdaDwango
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Can not log in to the controll center.

I built the Orchestrator version 7.3. I perform the authentication method of 7.3 with vsphere. At first, it worked without problems. However, I can not log in from a certain time. I get 400 error after redirecting to vCenter when logging in. Is there anyone who has the same problem?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ericr999
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

My TAM proposed this kb, and it worked in my case.

It removed the previous authentification with the PSC so I'm back with a Basic Auth from the Web Server. You have to login with your root account.

I thought that by doing a reset, I would revert back to the vmware/vmware user/pass. Or my own one that i configured a while ago to replace the default one, but nah. Its really the root account its asking.

https://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=21506...

I'm waiting for a reply from the support to see if I can stay like this, or should I connect the Control Center back with the PSC. I think I'll just have to unregister and re-register the PSC... its a guess, but since I don't have the password to unregister it, I have to wait for that guy to test this part.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ChrisMueller85
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Do you have a sharp (#) in your password which is used to connect to the vCenter SSO service?

I think there is a problem with this.

0 Kudos
Sreejesh_D
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hi,

Its an issue with the psc/sso. Whats the version of vCenter? if its 6.0 Update 1 then there is a known issue. Please refer the following KB for more details.

https://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=21440...

0 Kudos
YujiEdaDwango
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you for answer.

The environment I am running is vCenter 6.5.0c.

This problem does not occur when accessing vRO by IP address.

I think that vCenter is authenticating based on this information after first accessing by IP address. Is my opinion correct?

0 Kudos
ericr999
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I'm having a similar issue. When trying to connect to the Control Center in my prod, I get the login screen, but it will stay there forever.

In my dev/preprod its working fine, but its using another PSC.

Tried with the ip address.

0 Kudos
ericr999
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

My TAM proposed this kb, and it worked in my case.

It removed the previous authentification with the PSC so I'm back with a Basic Auth from the Web Server. You have to login with your root account.

I thought that by doing a reset, I would revert back to the vmware/vmware user/pass. Or my own one that i configured a while ago to replace the default one, but nah. Its really the root account its asking.

https://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=21506...

I'm waiting for a reply from the support to see if I can stay like this, or should I connect the Control Center back with the PSC. I think I'll just have to unregister and re-register the PSC... its a guess, but since I don't have the password to unregister it, I have to wait for that guy to test this part.

0 Kudos
YujiEdaDwango
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you.

I have not tried it yet, but I think that it will probably be settled with this.

I'll write it down here as well.

0 Kudos