YujiEdaDwango
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Can not log in to the controll center.

Jump to solution

I built the Orchestrator version 7.3. I perform the authentication method of 7.3 with vsphere. At first, it worked without problems. However, I can not log in from a certain time. I get 400 error after redirecting to vCenter when logging in. Is there anyone who has the same problem?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ericr999
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

My TAM proposed this kb, and it worked in my case.

It removed the previous authentification with the PSC so I'm back with a Basic Auth from the Web Server. You have to login with your root account.

I thought that by doing a reset, I would revert back to the vmware/vmware user/pass. Or my own one that i configured a while ago to replace the default one, but nah. Its really the root account its asking.

https://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=21506...

I'm waiting for a reply from the support to see if I can stay like this, or should I connect the Control Center back with the PSC. I think I'll just have to unregister and re-register the PSC... its a guess, but since I don't have the password to unregister it, I have to wait for that guy to test this part.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ChrisMueller85
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Do you have a sharp (#) in your password which is used to connect to the vCenter SSO service?

I think there is a problem with this.

0 Kudos
yezdi
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi,

Its an issue with the psc/sso. Whats the version of vCenter? if its 6.0 Update 1 then there is a known issue. Please refer the following KB for more details.

https://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=21440...

0 Kudos
YujiEdaDwango
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you for answer.

The environment I am running is vCenter 6.5.0c.

This problem does not occur when accessing vRO by IP address.

I think that vCenter is authenticating based on this information after first accessing by IP address. Is my opinion correct?

0 Kudos
ericr999
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'm having a similar issue. When trying to connect to the Control Center in my prod, I get the login screen, but it will stay there forever.

In my dev/preprod its working fine, but its using another PSC.

Tried with the ip address.

0 Kudos
ericr999
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

My TAM proposed this kb, and it worked in my case.

It removed the previous authentification with the PSC so I'm back with a Basic Auth from the Web Server. You have to login with your root account.

I thought that by doing a reset, I would revert back to the vmware/vmware user/pass. Or my own one that i configured a while ago to replace the default one, but nah. Its really the root account its asking.

https://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=21506...

I'm waiting for a reply from the support to see if I can stay like this, or should I connect the Control Center back with the PSC. I think I'll just have to unregister and re-register the PSC... its a guess, but since I don't have the password to unregister it, I have to wait for that guy to test this part.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
YujiEdaDwango
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you.

I have not tried it yet, but I think that it will probably be settled with this.

I'll write it down here as well.

0 Kudos